Bought the original LGV theory test & hazard perception CD. Due to my work schedule needed one on the go. This app is fantastic has all the current information. Similar to the CD. Easy to use where ever you are. Will recommend.
Try another app.
This app is so annoying it constantly repeats the same types of questions on each mock test that I take. And I don’t feel I’m learning anything.
Overall, it is a great app
This is the only material to prepare for my theory tests, and I passed them with flying colours. There are a few questions that I didn't see in the app came up during tests but this app is good enough to cover the majority. As others say, the quality of hazard perception tests is not brilliant and I didn't see any of them in the real test (all CGI). Overall, money well spent and got me to pass tests at the first attempt. Thank you!
By Ben Pato
Great App however Hazard Perception needs improving picture quality and it always says you've clicked too many times which is poor
I'm finding this app good but as said in previous reviews the videos are of poor quality. If you downloaded this app onto iPad you can't click on the videos unless you have a mouse.
All in all it seems good. So I must go and practice more for my test.
A must buy if you want to pass!
I'm going to keep this short and simple. Every single question on my theory multiple choice was covered in this App. I was really surprised how accurate the questions were to that of those in my test. Revised for 30-40 minutes every night for a week using "coach mode" which covered all the questions and focused on topics I was having trouble with. They re-ask many of the questions but it's to cement the correct answer into your mind so you won't get it wrong on the day, should it pop up.
Would definitely recommend, worth being prepared for the sake of £10.
Got 95/100 multiple choice and passed my hazard perception. All on first go.
Good but hazard perception problems
This is a good app but the hazard perception videos just constantly say you've clicked to many times and will score 0 for this video even when you only click once.
I've just got back from my test centre, and passed both my LGV theory and hazard perception. The app was the only resource I used to revise, and did it all in a week.
The coach mode was extremely helpful, and equipped me well during my exam.
My only complaints are that a number of questions repeat on the coach mode, whilst others seem to never come up. You have to change modes to practice to make sure you have attempted all of the questions.
And that the picture quality on some of the hazard perception clips isn't up to standard, I found myself guessing a number of them, because there was a pixelated blur in the distance.
That being said, a number of the clips came up in the test. The resources in this app are excellent, and would be 5 stars with a few minor adjustments.
Best HGV Theory App
By Malik the don
I used this app when practicing for my theory and passed first time round. The app itself is user friendly and Would recommend to any one thinking of doing their HGV.
Great app, recommend it
Great Revision App!
By Shandy 86
Perfect tool to just pick up and revise at your leisure!
Once downloaded there's no need for wifi or data.
The hazard perception videos and tips are also excellent
Well worth the money!
Good App but a few glitches let it down
I recently used this app prior to taking the HGV-C HPV and Theory test July 2017. I passed first time, mainly down to using this app but there are some points worth noting;
1) The practice, coaching and mock test features are very good for the theory exam and the way they function helps with learning and way better than the approved book I purchased which is basically too complicated.
2) I would highly recommend that users do practice and coaching sessions and do 5-6 mock tests - I found the app re-enforces learning points or items you get wrong which is good
3) there are multiple Hazard Perception videos some in video format and some in CGI. The actual HPV test is based on CGI format and it's worth practicing on all of the formats - just to get a feel for different scenarios and the scoring process which is explained.
4) for the price it's worth the cost and easier than books or online research
1) The main bug is with the HP Videos. On the iPad they consistently say I have scored zero when in reality I have not - this was confusing This is a major flaw in the app - as you do see your actual score in review mode (which plays upside down ! )
2) I had to go on U Tube and watch a few Instructor videos to clarify the scoring technique and "how to" click so as to maximize the scoring opportunity window - this helped me a LOT and it would be a nice addition to the app if this tip was included.
3) after I had run 15 or so videos others would not play and you have to reset statistics and reboot your iPad - very frustrating as you also lost your scores.
4) the graph of progress on all mock tests did not work on my version.
5) the current HPV formats you get at the test centre (I sat my test 11th July 2017) DO NOT match those shown in the bulk of the CGI videos in this app. I recall seeing 3 similar scenes / routes but the rest are all different - so unless they change this (I assume the current stock get refreshed and updated all the time) don't go into your test thinking these will be the only videos you will see. Of course it may vary from centre to centre and when the app gets updated. But practice makes perfect and the real test videos are much better quality and IMHO easier to interact in some respects.
6) as per 5) the resolution of the app HP videos is poorer compared the ones they use at the test centre - IMHO this could be changed but would make the app a bigger package to download I guess. The HP videos you get in your test are much better quality - which actually is a plus.
Using this app, with no classes and with minimal external research I passed my HGV-C theory and HPV first time. If they fixed the glitches it would have been a 5 star rating
- Theory pass is 85% I got 93%
- HPV pass is 67% I go 78%
I passed and that's the goal. Worth the money and time and very happy !
This app is awesome! It gives you chance to learn from your mistakes and it explains the correct answer rather than just telling you that you got the question wrong. I've found it really helpful. Got my theory booked for next month so will update review if I pass/fail...
I just recommend it for everyone. I like it. Helped me in first time to pass the test.
It's great app
I have passed my hgv theory exam and very easy to learn and work
Deffo 5 stars passed my theory and hazard perception first time
new questions update automatically coach mode is awesome and probably the best feature some people moan about the quality of the hazard perception videos but I think it's bang on nothing to moan about here..... good work worth £10 of anybody's money 👊🏼👍🏼💪🏼🚛🚚
''Tis the muts nuts
Really good app finding it very useful
As teaching apps go this one is probably one of the best. The theory questions are bang on, the content is up to date.
The hazard perception videos are really good quality and are really helpful as you go over and over them as often as you like.
I would recommend this app to anyone who is looking for a teaching tool that is packed with everything they will need to succeed
Completely unrelated to test
Only about 10 of the questions covered in this app popped up on the actual test, the other 90 questions I'd never seen before in my life; and not a single one of even the "official cgi" clips came up on the hazard perception component. Waste of money.