I've just got back from my test centre, and passed both my LGV theory and hazard perception. The app was the only resource I used to revise, and did it all in a week.
The coach mode was extremely helpful, and equipped me well during my exam.
My only complaints are that a number of questions repeat on the coach mode, whilst others seem to never come up. You have to change modes to practice to make sure you have attempted all of the questions.
And that the picture quality on some of the hazard perception clips isn't up to standard, I found myself guessing a number of them, because there was a pixelated blur in the distance.
That being said, a number of the clips came up in the test. The resources in this app are excellent, and would be 5 stars with a few minor adjustments.
Best HGV Theory App
By Malik the don
I used this app when practicing for my theory and passed first time round. The app itself is user friendly and Would recommend to any one thinking of doing their HGV.
Great app, recommend it
Great Revision App!
By Shandy 86
Perfect tool to just pick up and revise at your leisure!
Once downloaded there's no need for wifi or data.
The hazard perception videos and tips are also excellent
Well worth the money!
Good App but a few glitches let it down
I recently used this app prior to taking the HGV-C HPV and Theory test July 2017. I passed first time, mainly down to using this app but there are some points worth noting;
1) The practice, coaching and mock test features are very good for the theory exam and the way they function helps with learning and way better than the approved book I purchased which is basically too complicated.
2) I would highly recommend that users do practice and coaching sessions and do 5-6 mock tests - I found the app re-enforces learning points or items you get wrong which is good
3) there are multiple Hazard Perception videos some in video format and some in CGI. The actual HPV test is based on CGI format and it's worth practicing on all of the formats - just to get a feel for different scenarios and the scoring process which is explained.
4) for the price it's worth the cost and easier than books or online research
1) The main bug is with the HP Videos. On the iPad they consistently say I have scored zero when in reality I have not - this was confusing This is a major flaw in the app - as you do see your actual score in review mode (which plays upside down ! )
2) I had to go on U Tube and watch a few Instructor videos to clarify the scoring technique and "how to" click so as to maximize the scoring opportunity window - this helped me a LOT and it would be a nice addition to the app if this tip was included.
3) after I had run 15 or so videos others would not play and you have to reset statistics and reboot your iPad - very frustrating as you also lost your scores.
4) the graph of progress on all mock tests did not work on my version.
5) the current HPV formats you get at the test centre (I sat my test 11th July 2017) DO NOT match those shown in the bulk of the CGI videos in this app. I recall seeing 3 similar scenes / routes but the rest are all different - so unless they change this (I assume the current stock get refreshed and updated all the time) don't go into your test thinking these will be the only videos you will see. Of course it may vary from centre to centre and when the app gets updated. But practice makes perfect and the real test videos are much better quality and IMHO easier to interact in some respects.
6) as per 5) the resolution of the app HP videos is poorer compared the ones they use at the test centre - IMHO this could be changed but would make the app a bigger package to download I guess. The HP videos you get in your test are much better quality - which actually is a plus.
Using this app, with no classes and with minimal external research I passed my HGV-C theory and HPV first time. If they fixed the glitches it would have been a 5 star rating
- Theory pass is 85% I got 93%
- HPV pass is 67% I go 78%
I passed and that's the goal. Worth the money and time and very happy !
This app is awesome! It gives you chance to learn from your mistakes and it explains the correct answer rather than just telling you that you got the question wrong. I've found it really helpful. Got my theory booked for next month so will update review if I pass/fail...
I just recommend it for everyone. I like it. Helped me in first time to pass the test.
It's great app
I have passed my hgv theory exam and very easy to learn and work
Deffo 5 stars passed my theory and hazard perception first time
new questions update automatically coach mode is awesome and probably the best feature some people moan about the quality of the hazard perception videos but I think it's bang on nothing to moan about here..... good work worth £10 of anybody's money 👊🏼👍🏼💪🏼🚛🚚
''Tis the muts nuts
Really good app finding it very useful
As teaching apps go this one is probably one of the best. The theory questions are bang on, the content is up to date.
The hazard perception videos are really good quality and are really helpful as you go over and over them as often as you like.
I would recommend this app to anyone who is looking for a teaching tool that is packed with everything they will need to succeed
Completely unrelated to test
Only about 10 of the questions covered in this app popped up on the actual test, the other 90 questions I'd never seen before in my life; and not a single one of even the "official cgi" clips came up on the hazard perception component. Waste of money.
Such a great app
By S. S. Bassi
I learned a lot
Brilliant app would definitely recommend it I studied solely using this app and got 94 % on the multiple choice and 87 % on the hazard perception
Great Little App
A brilliant app for learning on the go, in bed or on your break at work.
The questions are realistic to the actual test and if you put in the effort you'll pass your mock tests in no time. Highly recommend
Purchased the App in good faith.. stated working... made unemployed... wanted to use the APP....
COULDN'T, they wanted the full Fee again as they have changed it... when they change it, you have to pay again...contacted company never even replied... STUPID Idiots...
Great for learning!!!
All in all the app is great. Coach mode telling you straight away if you've got the question right or no. Bad points: the results from mock tests disappearing. Also I have it done 85% in coach mode but now it's back to 75% so I'm back to old questions as well since 4 stars instead of 5.
I would recommend this app I like the coach mode which tells you straight away if you are correct and if you are incorrect you can easily remember the correct answer for next time. You can also do it by categories too and select just the ones you have got wrong to learn.
I like the way the app is set up and find it easy to learn.
I haven't taken the test yet so can't comment on that.
There are some glitches with the app though. The hazard perception each clip says you have clicked too many times and each time I selected more than one clip at once to do in sequence the last one went off before it started and scored 0.
Mock test results don't store on there for future reference like it says they do.
Flagged questions don't remain in the flagged category.
If glitches were fixed I would score it a 5*
By Daniel as in book
It's pretty good it's very similar to the dvla theory test app if you've used that. The only downside is the video quality isn't amazing